The great fjord swim/ 11th OCTOBER 2014
Deep Atlantic Waters
Ancient Majestic Fjord
Soaring Rugged Mountains
Clear Crisp Autumn
Killary Connemara Galway
Results for the 2km event available here
Results for the 750m event available here
- The Great Fjord Swim is an open-water swimming event with a choice of 2 distances – 750m and 2km to suit everyone from first timers to cross-Channel wanna-bes!
- 2014 sees a new looped course for the 2km race, as suggested by the competitors in 2013.
- Expert kayakers and safety boats will cover you all the way.
- Wetsuits must be worn for the 750m swim but this year we are having a non-wetsuit category for experienced swimmers in the 2km event as well as the usual wetsuit category.
- Homemade soup to warm you afterwards and a free event swim-hat and t-shirt to take home.